Vegan Whipped Cream + Healthy Parfait Dessert
With the start of a new year, many of us are making an effort when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Cutting sugar and dairy out of your diet is one change you can make in order to make a healthier shift. For those of you who are sugar and dessert addicts like myself, the following recipe is one of my favorites that perfectly satisfies sweet cravings while still being healthy and full of beneficial ingredients. By combining this vegan whipped cream recipe, with my favorite homemade granola crisp, you won’t ever reach for a slice of cake or cookie again.
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raw organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrip
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/2 cup raw coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Start by putting both cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow the cream to separate from the water, making it easier to access the cream.
- Add the solid cream to a bowl and begin mixing with an electric mixer until smooth. This may take 5-10 minutes.
- Add oats, oil syrup and almond flour into a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle in sugar and combine until crumbly in texture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- *This is a start in advance recipe. Place your coconut milk cans in the refrigerator the night before you wish to make this.
Whipping up your cream may take some time, so be patient! For added ease, feel free to use a standing mixer which will help get your coconut cream to a fluffy texture.
For a crunchier granola, spread the mixture out on your baking sheet, making sure it is even and that there are no lumps. For softer, chewier granola, simply form parts of the mixture into small rounds. This will result in a chewy-cookie like consistency.
This is a great breakfast that also makes for a healthy dessert as well. With no added refined sugar or dairy, this dish is 100% vegan and could not be easier to make. However, it is important to note that coconut cream and almond is not fat free. One serving of coconut cream and granola will satisfy your daily fat intake. Although they are not animal fats, fats from natural ingredients such as nuts and avocado can lead to weight gain if consumed in excess, so eat mindfully! Let me know if you make it and how it goes in the comments below!